Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Entrepreneurship and Tech: What I Want Out of the Class and Whatnot

Full disclosure, I took this class due to that fact that I need elective credits. I honestly had no interest in starting my own business or company whatsoever. On the first day of class, I listened to a speech from Andrew Fry for two full hours straight. I believe it altered something in my brain, because afterwards, the idea of becoming my own employer doesn't seem like such a bad one to me.

If I want to set my standards decently high, I would probably find a job as a software guy by a small company, which I think is a really good place to start (although I most likely will only be able to be hired by retail or something (I lack a good amount of optimism)). I would like to learn the ins and outs of the management of such a company and the business behind it. That way, I could maybe help the company more efficiently; for example, I may have to adjust my own work to fit their needs. I can do this if I know exactly what those needs are and what they entail. Also, if for some wild reason I decided to start my own thing, I would know exactly what needs to be worked out to make the business even remotely successful.

I would like to learn how different technologies help shape the success of businesses. I do know a few examples, like online ordering and pick up, or touch screen soda machines. But what I want to know is all the other technologies that are being used and how they help those businesses beat the other guys.

Also, my dad really wants me to get an internship. My hope is that the guest speakers are looking to intern someone incompetent like me. I also hope that the course will make me competent.

I actually look forward to this class 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peek into the Lives of Entrepreneurs during the Dot-Com Time Period

"Startup.com" is a documentary about a startup. It totally was not metaphorically named. At first I was not too excited to watch i...