Monday, February 5, 2018

Brian has come Forth

Honestly, I took ass notes on the day Brian Forth came to speak; I usually can figure out what I mean to note when I write down a single word related to the subject, but this time around, I have no clue. But here is what I do remember:

Brian Forth is the founder and president of SiteCrafting, which is really described in its own name. They provide digital support to businesses or anyone else through building and designing websites. He started out as a 5th grade teacher. One day during his teaching time, the kids, with the help of teachers, were tasked with creating websites for whom I can't remember, and I believe I remember that seeing this moment was Brian's eye-opener for doing just that, but as a potential business. Seems to me that the business is quite successful.

The thing that stood out the most from what I took from the talk was the idea to never dismiss anyone. I find this advice to be something I should always keep in mind if I ever want to start my own thing. This can apply to both within the workplace or company, or outside the workplace like potential business partners and customers. Another thing I clearly remember was the WordPress template that he and SiteCrafting are working on, code named "Groot". Then Andrew Fry stepped in and talked about how common it is to use code names for projects, which was something I did not know until then

If I had to do the celebrity look-alike again, I'd say Brian reminds me of Varys from Game of Thrones. This is really mainly due to his current hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peek into the Lives of Entrepreneurs during the Dot-Com Time Period

"Startup.com" is a documentary about a startup. It totally was not metaphorically named. At first I was not too excited to watch i...